You know what I love about being bloated?
Besides absolutely nothing.
It comes on fast, which generally means it can go fast as well. In this case, with the newly released, 3 Day Refresh.
Now let me put this out there first – I definitely don’t believe in quick fixes, diets, or crazy plans to reach weigh goals. What I do believe in is following a healthy lifestyle, so that you are truly learning about nutrition as well as making changes to your life to find balance.
But that doesn’t mean we don’t all need a jump start every now and then, am I right? Whether it’s to get started on your healthy journey, or just a reboot you’re looking for, a healthy cleanse can be the perfect way to go. It can help with caffeine addictions, low energy, sleeplessness, feeling groggy and in my case, the fabulous 5 pounds called bloat. I think that could be one of my least favorite words of all time.
So what exactly is the 3 Day Refresh? Well I’m glad you asked. The 3-Day Refresh is a scientifically designed program that helps you fast-track your weight loss, kick-start healthy eating, and get a clean break from bad nutrition habits. The 3-Day Refresh is a simple, straightforward program that will help cleanse your body and improve the way you feel – without starving yourself. Unlike juice cleanses or liquid fasts which tend to be high in sugar and low in protein (leaving you feeling weak, hungry, and sluggish), this program helps support your metabolism while nourishing your vital organs. For 3 days you follow a program of 3 shakes a day, a fiber drink, plenty of filtered water, plus a wide array of fresh fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats throughout the day to keep your energy and metabolism going.
When I first heard about the 3 Day Refresh, I was at the start of what would turn into a crazy month of traveling, family visiting, and too many commitments to count. So this last week, when I woke up one morning and decided to make it Day 1, you could say I was ready for it.
Before pictures don’t lie. Yikes.
Considering that this – cleanse, detox, reboot, reset – whatever you want to call it, is a rather low calorie plan, I was expecting it to be quite difficult. Surprisingly, I would say it was more mentally challenging than anything.
So what was my experience like on the 3 Day Refresh? Here are my top 5 tips and thoughts while going through the 3 Day Refresh:
- Normally I would want to do something like this over a weekend, but I honestly found it easier during the work days because I was distracted and wasn’t thinking about when the next meal would be.
- I loved that I still got to drink my daily shake, a couple additional drinks and shakes, as well as real whole foods.
- Starting the very first night, I slept so much better than I had been previously, and woke up feeling completely refreshed. This was huge for me.
- Although you can, I chose not to workout during the 3 days. I did have a lot more energy than I expected but decided I wanted to give my body a break while “detoxing”.
- Day 3 was probably the hardest. I thought I would be experiencing a headache earlier on from my recent caffeine addiction, but I actually felt fine. By the afternoon of day 3, I was ready to be done and couldn’t stop thinking about popcorn. I don’t even like popcorn?! This could also be due to the fact that it was a Saturday and I was already feeling so much better, so I was excited to be done!
Overall, I am really glad I decided to do the 3 Day Refresh. I lost a total of 4.5 lbs and 3 inches off my waist, which put me back at my happy place. It ended up being much easier than I expected and I definitely feel back on track since completing it. I’m craving healthy foods and eating intuitively again (mindful of eating until full and then stopping; recognizing when I’m thirsty instead of hungry, etc.). Plus I’m sleeping well and no longer crave my espresso drinks every morning! I would say it’s a win-win all around!