June 29th, 2016
So I’ve never been much of a butter person. Restaurants always seem to put way too much on anyway. Give me toast, pancakes, waffles – whatever it may be – and let me smother them proper.
Like with this spread for instance. It’s the perfect combination to complement something like these Banana Bread Bites, without overpowering them.
1 ripe banana
5 tbs. almond butter
A dash or two of cinnamon
Break up the banana into pieces and toss in your food processor. Scoop in almond butter and finish with a dash or two of cinnamon. You might have to adjust the almond butter quantities as I used a rather large banana. I think I might only use 3-4 tbs. with a smaller one!
Blend until completely smooth and transfer into a cute container for serving ;) This spread is delicious served with a warm muffin, waffles, or even your morning toast.
Don’t forget to keep your Banana Butter refrigerated to use as needed!
- 1 ripe banana
- 5 tbs. almond butter
- A dash or two of cinnamon
- Break up banana into pieces and place in food processor
- Measure out almond butter and add to processor with a dash or two of cinnamon [adjust the almond butter quantities as needed depending on the size of your banana]
- Blend until completely smooth
- Transfer into a container for serving