June 29th, 2016
So I decided to get a Babycakes Cake Pop Maker [I had a coupon and it was on sale, making it FREE – can you blame me?]. I absolutely love my kitchen gadgets; considering I use them all, I don’t see it as a problem ;)
Of course, the first thing I decided to do when I got home was attempt a new recipe. You would think I’d just use one that came with it or find something online but no.. I have to do everything the hard way! I had a couple ripe bananas and an idea of what I wanted to throw together so why not? Well a couple hours later, at 11pm on a Sunday, I perfected these bites. Originally, I was trying to go for more of a donut hole type thing but with these ingredients and the consistency, Banana Bread Bites just fits too perfect!
Recipe adapted from paleoly.com
3/4 c. almond flour
1/4 c. coconut flour
2 scoops vanilla protein powder [I use Perfect Fit for the best taste!]
2 ripe bananas
1 c. of natural, no sugar added apple sauce
2 tbs. coconut oil, melted
2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
Mix together all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. The protein powder is not necessarily required, but this was truly the final touch that made these bites turn out perfect!
In a separate bowl, mash the bananas completely before adding all of the remaining wet ingredients. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, making sure everything is mixed completely.
After preheating, spray your baking dish of choice with a baking spray to prevent sticking. Although I used the cake pop maker, these could easily be made in a mini muffin pan as well!
Fill the base of the cake pop maker completely with the batter, making sure it is overfilled – this batter will not rise so you want it to appear like the final result when baking. The mix should make it rather easy, as it is a not a runny batter. Fill all of the spots quickly and then close the top! Bake for approximately 5-8 minutes.
Let the bites cool completely on the tray that comes with the maker, or on a wire rack.
Devour your Banana Bread Bites for breakfast or as a morning snack! Enjoy with this Banana Butter Spread for the perfect snack :)
- ¾ c. almond flour
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder [preferably Perfect Fit]
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 c. of natural, no sugar added apple sauce
- 2 tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas completely before adding all of the remaining wet ingredients
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, making sure everything is mixed completely
- Preheat your Cake Pop Maker and spray with a baking spray to prevent sticking
- Fill the base of the Cake Pop Maker completely with the batter, making sure each hole it is overfilled (batter will not rise)
- Fill all of the spots quickly and then close the top; bake for approximately 5-8 minutes
- Let the bites cool completely on the tray that comes with the maker, or on a wire rack