June 29th, 2016
So you know when you find a super healthy recipe that’s supposed to taste exactly like the real thing but uses black beans, sweet potatoes, or some other random ingredient that makes you question if it really will taste like the perfectly moist yummy treat that it’s supposed to be imitating..?! Yeah, well that just happened.
Only this time – It. Tastes. Divine.
Healthy Blondie Brownies. Gluten free, grain free, natural, clean, can be made vegan, and oh so delicious.
3/4-1c natural peanut butter or almond butter
1 can chickpeas
1/3c honey, agave, or maple syrup
1/2tsp baking soda
1/4tsp sea salt
1-1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/4c egg whites (more if you want it to be more cake like)
This recipe is so simple. Just blend all ingredients in a food processor, then add 1/2c dark chocolate chips or carob chips by hand. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- ¾ to 1 c. natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 can chickpeas
- ⅓ c. honey, agave, or maple syrup
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ c. egg whites (more if you want it to be more cake like)
- ½ c. dark chocolate chips or carob chips
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- Add in chocolate by hand.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish and pour mixture in.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.